- 1 cup brown rice
- 700g pumpkin?1 red capsicum
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the brown rice according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, place in a large salad bowl.
- Dice the pumpkin into cubes and pace on a well oiled tray. Sprinkle cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cut the capsicum in half and place in the same baking tray if it fits (saves on washing!).
- Roast for 30 minutes on 200ºC or until golden brown and the capsicum skins are blistering. Remove from the oven and once cool, peel the capsicum skins off and cut into thin strips. Place all ingredients into the same large salad bowl as the rice.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped parsley and handful of spinach leaves. Cut the pomegranate in half. Squeeze any excess juice into a small jug and remove the pomegranate seeds into the salad bowl.
- In the same small jug with the pomegranate juice, add the pomegranate molasses, red wine vinegar and olive oil and mix well.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together and pour the dressing over the top.