On Monday the Victorian State Government announced they will reinstate Stage 3 “Stay at Home” restrictions in an attempt to slow the spread of Coronavirus. Restrictions apply to Regional Victoria and changes that take effect as of 11:59pm WEDNESDAY 5TH AUGUST 2020 are as follows:
Hairdressers and barber shops will be able to continue to provide services, but it is very important social distancing is managed and there are limitations of the number of people in the premise of one person per four square meters.
New government restrictions will require the following to close:
- beauty therapy
- nail salons
- Amusement parks & arcades
- Play centres – both indoor and outdoor
- Community and recreation centres
On top of already announced restrictions which we reconfirm below:
- Pubs, registered and licensed clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Swimming pools
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
- Restaurants and cafes restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies).
It is very important social distancing is managed. Please ensure you adhere to the Government’s social distancing requirements of 1 person per 4 square metres. Face coverings also remain compulsory unless an exemption applies.
The Victorian State Government Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus information can be viewed on the Department of Health and Human Services websites:
In these unprecedented times of change and uncertainty, doing what is right is something we are committed to and we value our relationships within our community to ensure we keep our businesses moving. The Bendigo Marketplace Shopping Centre management team is continuously monitoring the situation and is acting in accordance with advice from the Victorian State Government and Department of Health and Human Services. As you will appreciate changes are occurring daily and the information included herein is accurate as of the date noted.
We look forward to your support during these challenging times.