- 200g sunflower kernels
- 40g melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 40g roasted hazelnuts, skin peeled
Hazelnut spread topping
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, skins removed (130g)
- 15g cacao
- 50g maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- THE BASE: Blend sunflower kernels until a nut butter consistency forms (about 1-3 minutes, depending on blender).
- Add all base ingredients except hazelnuts and blend to combine. Stir through whole hazelnuts and then press into a lined or silicone slice form using your hands or the back of a spatula. Pop into the freezer.
- TOPPING: Blend hazelnuts until as smooth as possible.
- Add remaining topping ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Remove base from freezer and spread with topping and freeze for half an hour. Cut into slices and refrigerate for when needed.
- For presentation, sprinkle with crushed dried rose petals.
Tip: double the topping recipe and store excess in a glass jar for homemade raw ‘Nutella’.
Recipe and photography by Jade Walker.
Print Your Shopping List