2 ¼ cup plain flour
1/3 cup almond meal
1 cup icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
250g butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
250g jar raspberry jam
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat the egg, butter, vanilla essence and icing sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, almond meal and baking powder. Slowly add into the butter mixture, until a soft dough forms.
- Gently knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Separate the dough into halves and form into round discs, wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- On parchment paper, roll out one disc of dough out flat until 4mm thick. Flour the surface to prevent sticking.
- Cut biscuits from dough using round/star-shaped biscuit cutters. Gently place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining dough, this time removing the centres by cutting a small star with a cutter in each biscuit. Make sure you have an equal amount of whole biscuits and biscuits with centres removed.
- Bake biscuits until golden, about 8-15 minutes. Transfer biscuits to cool on a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, place whole biscuits onto a flat surface. Spoon a teaspoon of jam onto each whole biscuit, spreading almost to the edges.
- Dust biscuits with centres removed with icing sugar. Press on top of jam-filled whole biscuits. Serve instantly.